Wednesday, March 9, 2011

545 Night Out

Chris was in town! 
Chris and John are the two of my oldest Aikido buddies from our 545 class that I joined in 2005. 

We made a lot of stories training from 5:45 AM three times a week...they used to trash one another if someone missed to come (which often happened), yet I was always there...so I didn't get trashed at my presence, however, it seemed like some sort of "talk" was held in the boys' locker room.

Those boys love to tell people (esp. when they are drunk) how they used to try smashing me on the mat or making bruises on my arms when I first started.  
As we get older or drunker, stories seem to get bigger......To be fair, usually 50% of their stories are true... ;)

It's great to have those good old days stories...and I enjoy them telling as much as they enjoy telling. One thing I can't help thinking is that it would have been really tough if my goal at the time was to be able to train with them. I had to try with my 120% to keep up with them yet I never got intimidated training with them simply because I was there to do Aikido, it means my goals were always beyond of "training with these martial art freaks and not cry about...", besides...I had another buddy, David who joined this private class with me and we were the "scared little girls" together.

The year 2005 was just magical...Four of us with Mike Sensei (aka Stumpy) were somehow meant to get together by the universal power.

The harder we threw each other, the closer we got as friends.

Chris and John were the first Martial Art freaks I met when I started Aikido. They taught me a lot of things with or without words...I still don't know how to pass them on to the others what I learned from them.
2011.3
545 almost reunion!

2005.8
This very moment...I slipped out that I went to bed 5:00pm the night before...the moment I said it..I knew I made a big mistake by feeling chill...others were dying not having enough sleep (so was I until the night before...) and they wanted to smash me...Ooops.


Roland Sensei, he used to be called "The Terminator" by Senshusei in their good old days.



John now teaches Kali Majapahit Study Group on Friday nights in Roppongi.

No comments:

Post a Comment